I was born, raised and educated in the Black Forest, southwestern Germany, moving to the UK aged 19. My native tongue is German and my English language skills are like that of a native speaker.
My first job was a German Language Assistant in 2007, whilst obtaining a Cert HE (Chichester University) in Teaching & Learning Support. I also studied for a Foreign Language Degree (French, German & English Linguistics). I graduated with a BA (Honours) in 2015.
My career has included working in primary schools, secondary schools and as a Private Language Tutor supporting students of all ages and abilities since 2013.
Terms & Conditions
Please read through these and acknowledge them before making payment. Invoice payment will assume you have agreed these terms.
- Opening hours: We are open between the hours of 9-5pm Mondays to Fridays for enquiries. Evening (after 6pm) and Saturday lessons are available at an additional 10% charge per lesson.
Daytime lessons can be arranged at a mutually convenient time.
- New clients: A complimentary 30 minute taster session is available for new students who would like to get an idea of a typical lesson. This also includes a chat about the student’s requirements and learning goals.
- Fees: Once the student has agreed to the services of Private Tutor German they will be subject to charges at the agreed rate. Fees are charged at an hourly rate, payable in advance on a pay-as-you-go basis. Bulk lessons can be booked and paid for in advance & will include 1 free lesson if at least 12 lessons are booked and paid for in advance. Fees are £30.00 per 60 minute lesson or £20 per 30 minute lesson.
- Invoice payment: Payment can be made by BACS or cash. Cancellation deadline is at least 24 hours before the scheduled lesson. I reserve the right to charge 50% of the lesson charge if cancelled less than 24 hours before the scheduled lesson.
- Problems: In the highly unlikely event of a problem, Private Tutor German will endeavour to solve it amicably with the student.